Prayer and Fasting
One of the Eurasia Region’s four priorities is prayer and fasting. When he walked among us on earth, Jesus gave us an example of fasting and prayer, which has a variety of purposes:
- Draws us into deeper nearness and dependence on God.
- Clarifies our thinking and develops our empathy for others.
- Demonstrates submission to the Lordship of Christ.
- Opens us to the work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts and lives.
- Enables fervent intercession for needs in our lives and around the world.
The Eurasia Region is a vast area with countless deep needs that separate people from our loving God and leave them broken: poverty and affluence, war, abuse, trafficking, systemic evils, addictions, terrorism, racism, ethnic conflict, a growing refugee situation, political disagreements, secularism, pluralism, and more.
At the same time, God is doing a new thing here! Through the commitment, sacrifice and love of the people of God across Eurasia, the Holy Spirit is redeeming and reclaiming the lost, healing what is broken, restoring relationships, and giving new life.
Please join us in praying for the peoples and nations of Eurasia who don’t yet know the forgiveness and healing of relationship with Jesus Christ. Please also pray for the Body of Christ, and our Nazarene family, that we would be repentant before the Lord, and that we would submit ourselves to be vessels through which the Holy Spirit will love and heal and restore and transform our families, friends, neighbors and communities.